20080615

Happy Daddy's Day!

i was awakened from my migraine this morning by my two young sons, Gavin and Nathan, who came in saying "Happy Daddy's Day!", beaming and grinning from ear to ear with a present in their hands. as much as everything in me wanted to pull the covers back up over my head and black out the light and sound, i wouldn't have missed this wonderful God-given opportunity to love on my boys. they got me a cool "life is good" shirt with a guitar player on the front! while my migraine prevented me from exiting my bed and going to worship with my sons, it is still a day of worshipping the God who has so graciously blessed me with two of the best sons a dad can have! now, most dad's say that, i know. but the reason that every dad can say that is because their sons are the best, specifically tailored for them by our heavenly Father, whom the Bible says knows how to give us good gifts! He has given me the best daddy's day gifts in my two bestest buddies! now, if you will excuse me, i'm going to take some more migraine medicine and find a dark place in hopes that i can knock this thing out so i can hopefully take my oldest fishin' this afternoon! happy daddy's day!

No comments: